Sunday, February 6, 2011

Baked Parmesan Chicken Breasts, Valentine Photo Magnets, Kitchen Clutter Challenge

It's Super Bowl Sunday, and I don't know for sure what time the game starts.  I'm sure my DH does, and he will probably watch most, if not all, of the game, but we are not die hard football fans.  I invited my sister, Ginny, over to watch the game, but she declined.  We are not serious enough football fans for her!  She will enjoy her wings and the game without any potential distractions from my less than committed-to-football family.  I hope that you have a great day, whether you are watching the game or not.

Recipe:  Baked Parmesan Chicken Breasts  This recipe is hands down my kids' favorite chicken dish.  The fact that it is so easy is a bonus for me!  Thaw four boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  Rinse, and pat dry with paper towels.  Preheat oven to 375.  Melt 1 stick of butter or margerine and place in a shallow bowl.  Mix 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 and 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs, and 1 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash Garlic Herb Blend Seasoning together on a shallow plate.  Dip each chicken breast in the melted butter and then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture.  Place in a 9 x 13 baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam, and repeat with remaining chicken breasts.  Press any remaining  breadcrumb mixture onto the top of each chicken breasts.  Drizzle remaining melted butter over chicken breasts and bake, uncovered for about 30 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
This can be served with a couple of vegetables, or with spaghetti and marinara sauce for an easy Chicken Parmesana.

Craft Idea:  Valentine Refrigerator Magnets  I made these for my parents and Mark's parents for Valentine's Day when our kids were little.  Of course, I made a set for Mark and me to enjoy as well!  If you can find a box of the message valentine candy with a heart shaped window already cut out, the project will be a little easier.  If you can't, just use a craft knife or pair of scissors to carefully cut out a heart shape to frame your photo.  A sheet of clear plastic or cellophane will protect the photo, but isn't essential.   Remove the candy from the box, and tape the photo inside.  I used scrapbook adhesive, because it lasts for years and is photo safe.  Add a personal message to the back, and two strips of magnetic tape (available at office or educational supply stores).  This was a favorite gift for the grandparents, and my magnets have lived on my refrigerator for ten years!


Housekeeping Challenge:  Clear the clutter off your kitchen counters.  If you don't use it every day, or almost every day, it doesn't need to be on your counters.  Find another spot to store seldom used small appliances. Put food away, and if it is not a kitchen item, don't take up valuable counter space.  If you have a small kitchen like I do, with no kitchen "desk", find somewhere else to put the clutter, and save your kitchen for cooking.  Put up a hook to hold your keys or purse, find another spot for the mail, charge your phones in another room.  This is an ongoing challenge for me, but look how nice my kitchen looks when I clear away the clutter!

1 comment: