Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mini Breakfast Pigs, Timer Cleaning

The flu monster is finally leaving our house.  It is now eight days since our son first began running fever and showing symptoms of the flu.  Today is the first day that he seems to be himself, although he still has a cough.  Next week, he will have the joy of making up all the end of six weeks' exams he missed while he was home.  So far, no signs that the rest of us caught it...

I want to send him off in the morning with one of his favorite breakfasts, so I will be making Mini Breakfast Pigs.  My friend, Sharon, brought us some of these one morning several years ago when we were across the street neighbors, and I have been making them ever since.  They are easy--only two ingredients!

Recipe:  Mini Breakfast Pigs  Preheat oven according to package directions on one can of refrigerated biscuits (I use the 5 count for the four of us).  Flatten each biscuit out with the palm of your super clean hand, and cut into fourths.  Stretch out this tiny piece of biscuit and wrap it around a L'il Smokie sausage (I use the turkey--much less fat and calories). Place on cookie sheet, seam side down.  Repeat with remaining biscuit pieces, so that you end up with 20 mini pigs in a blanket.  This will use about half a package of the L'il Smokie sausages.  You can use the rest for breakfast tomorrow or a snack later.  Bake until biscuits are light golden brown--about 7 - 10 minutes.  Serve with scrambled eggs and orange juice.

Homemaking Tip:  Timer Cleaning  This is a tip I picked up from http://www.flylady.net/.  Sometimes, cleaning my house seems overwhelming.  I'm tired, there is just too much to do, I lack motivation, etc.  But anyone can work for 15 minutes.  So, I set a timer for 15 minutes, pick a room, and work as hard as I can until the timer goes off.  I am always surprised in what I can accomplish in 15 minutes.  I set the timer for another 15 minutes, and work in another room.  Then, I set it again for 15 minutes, and work in yet another room.  After 3 work periods of 15 minutes, I set the timer for 15 minutes, and do something I enjoy.  Have a cup of coffee, read the paper or a chapter in a book, check Facebook, etc.  When the timer goes off, I start the process again.  It really works!


No scrapbooking tip for this blog entry.  After dealing with sick kids for two weeks, scrapbooking has not been at the top of my priority list.  I'll get there...I just need to catch up on some laundry and sleep first!  Have a blessed week!  Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment